The current COVID-19 pandemic is unlike anything our industry has ever had to face in our time. It poses a huge threat to livelihoods, our well-being and the future of our sector. This document is our guide on how Moules a go-go are trying to navigate the situation, what processes we will be putting in place to comply with healthy and safety guidance, and importantly how we come out of this at the other end together as a team with our core values intact.
As the situation is fluid with new information released every day we must make it clear that our plans are only designed for our particular business and operations. They have been built using risk assessments for each of our restaurants and with the intention to be fully compliant with government guidelines. We are doing our best with only good intentions, there may be elements of our guide that conflict with updated guidelines and we will therefore monitor and adjust where it is necessary to do so. Our only goal is to create a safe and hospitable environment for our loyal team and customers, so that we can return to a place of normality and create many more special memories together.
The road back is looking long and more perilous than the journey so far. We have a duty to all our team members to do everything we can to protect their jobs so that they can afford to live and operate in the industry that they have given so much to over the years. We will make mistakes and lessons will be learned but we will give careful consideration to every decision we make for the protection and well-being of others.
- Hand washing must take place every 30 minutes on the hour and half past the hour observing social distancing measures throughout the process where possible.
- Team members must wash their hands for a minimum of 20 seconds with soap and water.
- Team members must wash their hands for a minimum of 20 seconds with soap and water immediately after coughing or sneezing.
- Sanitiser stations will be located at all entrances, exits and restroom entries
- Good personal hygiene as always is an important requirement for all of our team members. In this climate all hair must be tied up and staff must change into work clothes in allocated locations at work where possible. Certain jewellery restrictions remain in place in line with our staff handbook.
- Gloves will be provided and mandatory whilst receiving deliveries and handling products, this will include our kitchen teams, expeditors and delivery teams.
- All surfaces in the restaurant and kitchen areas must be regimentally cleaned every 30 minutes at 15 and 45 minutes past the hour. A daily record of this must be kept on sites. This is in addition to strict cleaning measures already applied to Moules a go-go kitchen areas.
- Where commercially possible overnight kitchen cleans will be introduced during hours of closure by dedicated cleaning teams observing social distancing measures.
- Wash room maintenance will be increased to every 30 minutes with a record kept on site. Paying particular attention to frequently touched areas and surfaces, such as taps, grab-rails and door handles.
- Hand washing must be implemented in accordance with hand washing guidance after cleaning surfaces.
- Paper towels will be added to wash rooms to avoid use of hand dryers where commercially viable. Bins will be provided for these.
- All bins must be emptied using PPE including the provided disposable gloves.
- Recyclable, environmentally conscious single use menus will be in use for the time being.
- Tables will be deep cleaned after each sitting with turn times extended 15 minutes across all bookings to allow for a more thorough breakdown and disinfecting process.